Charlotte Scrabble Club
NASPA Club #668
|Charlotte :: Myrtle Beach :: Gatlinburg :: The Park
Carolina Cup :: State :: Alpharetta
It's back, and better than ever! In conjunction with the 2011 Eastern SCRABBLE® Championship, it's the Rotisserie! Highly addicting, almost as fun as that crossword game all us crazy qats like to play. How does it work?
The Rotisserie entry that collects the most wins will take home a generous first prize; the total number of entries will determine additional prizes.
The preferred payment option is cash at the tourney, but checks and PayPal also work. Please make sure your entry is postmarked by Saturday, February 12th, 2011. NO LATER. I must RECEIVE all postmarked entries by Thursday, February 17th, 2011, whenever my mail comes that day. After February 12th, do not attempt to send me a payment by snail mail. After then, I'll only take payments via PayPal. If you happen to send in an entry that gets lost in the mail, you must pay me via PayPal. I will gladly void and destroy your check if it happens to turn up at a later date. If your payment is not received before the event begins, your entry will be voided. The sooner you send your picks in, the better.
The roto will open on February 6th, 2010. Register your team online here. You will receive a confirmation email address with instructions on how to change your team if you so desire. It's essentially your receipt. Stay tuned to this page, as we'll continue to update it with details, a full list of teams and complete results!
Div ABC $10 USD, $.61 processing fee if paying through PayPalIf you will be attending the EC, you may pay in person prior to the event, no later than the end of the NAST satellite Friday night. If you are a remote entry, acceptable arrangements must be made to pay in advance.
Payable by cash at the tourney, check, or by PayPal with a $.61 processing fee. When you make your team, you wiill receive an email that contains an address to which to send your check.
Picks and funds are due by 10 PM on Friday, February 18th.
85% is returned as prizes. The other 15% goes to administration of the Roto, including but not limited to the work that went in to writing the Perl and PHP scripts to make the Roto run as smoothly as possible, and for handling the many inquiries that come with the territory. View the Roto Picks page for up-to-the-minute estimates of the prize pool!
If you think you've got the goods! It's quite a good feeling when you find other people have picked you, too!
As many as you want! I've capped the system at 5 entries, though, but if you wish to add more, contact me, and after you've paid for the ones you've got, I'll allow it. This is basically an effort to reduce entropy in the system, which, as we all know, leads to chaos.
Along with tournament reports, John Chew has tweaked TSH to generate roto reports, which can be found under event coverage. Closer to the event date, this page will be updated to provide a link there.
John Chew's TSH program has made the roto infinitely more efficient, but there will still be a 72-hour waiting period before checks go out so we can double-check the results.
That Rotisserie selection will automatically default to the highest-seeded player in that pool of players. You may alter your team at any time up until the end of the NAST satellite Friday night. If one of your picks starts the tournament but does not finish, your roster will not be adjusted to another player. Choose your team carefully!
Also, please note that it is your responsibility to make sure your team picks stay within the Rotisserie Line boundaries. You are only allowed one pick per group. The available players/ratings used will be finalized when the divisions are seeded: using the February 17th 2010 ratings list. No one registering for the EC after that time will be available for selection.
You have more questions? Contact Ryan Fischer.